Some exciting news….my art group, FAB, has a gallery showing in June where we will each be showcasing our own work and the group challenges we have all worked on.
We recently decided to do a collaborative art cloth challenge. We would each make 24 small art quilts, decide which ones we would use and stitch them together to make one large piece.
We originally started last August with over 4o yds of fabric we hand dyed in two colours….fuchia and turquoise and all the shades of the two mixed. Our next two sessions were overdying and surface design.
After that it was up to each of us to just have at it, using any techniques we chose…..the only no-no was we were not allowed to use any realistic images in any one piece.
I struggled for a bit trying to see what my muse told me about these fabrics. Finally over a 5 day span I finally found my mojo and came up with these 17 pieces (above).
At our monthly meeting last month we brought all the pieces we had finished thus far. All I can say is Wow…..what a job we have accomplished!
I am so proud of what we have done with this challenge and can’t wait to see the finished quilt. I will be posting details about our gallery showing closer to the date. If you are in the area we’d love to have you join us for the opening reception.
See ya next time “In the Hayloft”,